It would hardly cost the sponsor a few hundred rupees a month to help a needy child lead a better life. That money would take care of the child’s living and educational expenses including books and study materials.
Some Organizations even give you a monthly update of the sponsored child’s progress. The sponsor would be like a guardian to the child. The sponsor can even meet the child, keep in contact with the child and meet them at the institution where they stay.
It’s an eye-opener to realize that a child’s entire monthly expense can be taken care of for the price of a T-shirt or a pair of sandals. For a working woman, in nowadays world, 600Rs is peanuts. That would be the cost for a meal of two. It’s amazing to see that the same 600Rs can be put to good use and change a person’s life completely.
There are many reasons to sponsor a child. I am just listing a few out.
- You are making a huge difference in another human being’s life.
- This is better than buying expensive recycled paper, not that I have anything against recycled paper. Everyone should do their part in saving the environment.
- You get to actually see that your money is being put to good use.
- This reason is for the all the people who feel that nobody cares or loves them. Sponsor a child and you will have someone who will adore and respect you for the rest of your life.
- You might help in the process of making an Albert Einstein, Sunitha Williams or a Michael Jordan.
- Giving a child hope, that the world is not cruel and there are people who care for them.
- This reason is for those people who feel that they should gain something out of sponsoring a child. Well if you are in India then you get Tax benefits under section 80G.
These are just few of the reasons and there are many more to sponsor a child. So next time you are going on a shopping spree, think about that T shirt you want to get. Is it really necessarily or can you use that money more effectively somewhere else? You can transform a life in a powerful manner with the money that is being spend on not so necessary items.