Dove Orchid

PR had taken this picture when we had gone visiting an aunt of mine in kerala.
I have never seen a dove orchid before and didn’t even know that such a type of flower existed.
It is such a beautiful flower. You can see a dove with its wings spread protected by the petals of the orchid. I initially thought this was a man made hybrid variety of the orchid. Apparently I was wrong and this flower happens to be the national flower of Panama.
A beautiful Malayalam poem about the dove orchid has been written by ONV Kurup. An English translation of the poem can be found here.
http://drifting-lines.blogspot.com/2009/04/dove-orchid-onv-kurup-translation.html
Kurup describes the relationship and the love between the mother orchid and the baby dove.
I hope all of you enjoy the poem as much as I did.

Popular posts from this blog

Turning 30

Unemployed

Mcbender and FassAvoy