2 Days in Paris

I was told to watch this movie if I have nothing better to do by a friend.
So the other day, I didn’t have anything better to do and watched this movie and I really enjoyed it.
This movie has Julie Delpy who wrote, produced, directed and acted in it (Boy! Isn’t she talented) and Adam Goldberg.
The story is about a couple, Jack and Marion who is French, who live in New York and they take a trip to Venice and stop on the way back in Paris to pick up Marion’s cat from her parents. The movie concentrates on the 2 days that they spend in Paris and how Jack sees and discovers a different side of Marion and her family.
When you read the title, you would think it would be this romantic movie set in Paris with the Eiffel tower in the background. At least I did and I was so wrong. It talks about infidelity and culture difference and how it can affect the relationship. It has its hilarious moments. I always thought French was a romantic language but after seeing this movie it doesn’t sound so romantic anymore.
Marion’s parents (who are Julie Delpy’s real life parents) steal the show. I found them disturbing and hilarious at the same time.
One thing that struck a chord is when Marion says that when you want be in the moment and enjoy it, people are too busy photographing the moment and spoiling it. This is in reference to a gondola ride in Venice that they take and Jack was too busy photographing to enjoy the romantic ride together.
There are times when you want to enjoy the moment but people are like ‘Flock up! Let’s take a pic’.
I so hate that.

Popular posts from this blog

Turning 30

Unemployed

Mcbender and FassAvoy