How To Talk To A Widower


I know the title might sound quirky but this book is easily one of the funniest that I have read.

I don’t remember the last time I laughed out loud while reading a book. Any book than can do that gets two thumbs up. I have not even finished reading this book (got another 100 pages to go) but I had to tell all of you about it.

The story revolves around Doug Parker, a young widower who is the object of sympathy, curiosity and desire of the people in his town. It’s been a year since his wife passed away and he’s still in mourning. Enter his twin sister, Claire, who is determined to get Doug back into the dating scene.

There are some really funny scenes in the book like when Doug & his stepson, Russ, go to have dinner with his eccentric parents, or when Dough meets his wife’s ex-husband for the first time. The most hilarious one so far is the one when Russ posts some videos of his step mom on the internet and his dad wants to beat his shit out and how Doug gets involved and it ends up in a fist fight. I had tears in my eyes while laughing my guts out.

This is similar to a chick lit like Sophie Kinsella’s Shopaholic series (which I love) but it’s written by a guy named Jonathan Tropper. He has written other books too so I’m definitely checking those out once I’m done with this one.

This book is a keeper. So go grab your copy of Jonathan Tropper’s ‘ How to talk to a Widower’.

Popular posts from this blog

Turning 30

Unemployed

Mcbender and FassAvoy