Paths of Glory


I apologize for not being around. I have been having a crappy time in my professional life and been quite upset about it. All I could think about the past few days was about it and I didn’t want to rant about it in my blog. Nothing has been done to fix it and I have let it go. It’s not like the end of the world. I’m still getting compensated at the end of every month.


I was reading Jeffrey Archer’s ‘Paths of Glory’ which is based on a true story. It’s all about climbing Mt Everest. I know it sounds so boring. I would have thought to if someone had told me this. PR’s mom had read this book and told me it’s really good. I decided to read it because after all its PR’s mom who told me about it and I wouldn’t want to offend her and I value her opinions. (See I’m such a nice daughter-in-law. No one’s told me that so far so I have decided to blow my own trumpet :P )


I have been an avid reader of Sir Jeffrey’s work. He took the most boring subject (according to me) such as mountain climbing and made it so interesting that I finished the book in 3 days (which is a big deal considering the free time I have). It is the story of George Mallory, about his life and his love for climbing. It also talks about his love for his wife. He wrote to her every single day when he went for his expedition. Such beautiful letters. I fell in love with him by just reading his letters. I always thought men like that only existed in the novels but to read his letters, it actually gave me Goosebumps or like some people say Goosepimples, which by the way is totally gross. So if you are one among the few, for the last time it is Goosebumps not Goosepimples!!! I mean every time someone says that I have a picture in my head of a white goose with red pimples all over. Trust me that is not a pretty picture!!!


I was irritated at work and came back home early and was lying in bed reading the book and fell asleep. I didn’t fall asleep because the book was boring, if that was the case, why would I even write about it?? But then again, it’s me, I could trick you in to reading a boring book because I actually sat and read it. But Seriously, this book is awesome and you know me I don’t just use the word ‘Awesome’ if it ain’t good.


Yeah so I was like fast asleep and PR called me up and asked me what I was doing. In my semi state of sleep, I said ‘Mountain Climbing??!!??’ He was like ‘OKIE!?!? Did you have any cough syrup??’ He keeps asking me this question whenever I say random incoherent things because apparently I get high on cough syrup, which is so totally not true.


I have asked PR to write a guest post on my entire getting high on cough syrup thingy. He’s currently writing a 1000 word post of pure embellishment .


Speaking of guest posts, anyone out there want to guest post for my super awesome blog!!


Shoot me an email to randomthoughtsjotted@gmail.com.


Popular posts from this blog

Turning 30

Unemployed

Mcbender and FassAvoy