Blogger’s Meet

The Chennai Indibloggers decided to have a meet up and I was one of the first to register for the meet. I wanted to meet fellow bloggers, people whose blog I follow and also my followers. I was looking forward to it.

On the day of the meet, I tried on various outfits from salwars (too auntyish) to shirts & trousers (too officy)to dress(too partyish) to the point where PR was like ‘Are you going for a meet or on a date?’

I wanted to look approachable and breezy but not too breezy. So I decided to stick to jeans and a red &white polka dot top with matching red & white polka dot sandals (some ppl at the meet actually did notice the matching footwear. I’m touched! :) )

On the way to the meet, I met a friend and he was like ‘ What’s with the Santa Claus outfit?’ I was like ‘Great! I look Santaish instead of breezy!’ I gave the stare of death to PR for not pointing this out.

Once I reached the place and am waiting in the registration, I decide to introduce myself to the person in front of me. In my mind I was like ‘Sonia be breezy!!’ Our conversation goes like this.

ME: hey I’m Sonia.
PIFOM(Person In Front Of Me): Hey I’m Akshay
Akshay: What do you blog about?
ME: Oh! Random stuff. In fact my blog’s called Random Thoughts.
Akshay: Hmm.. Random Thoughts. Are you Sonia Sunny Thomas? I think I have visited your blog and commented on one of your posts.
ME: Oh is it? Which post?
Akshay: I’m the grammar Nazi
ME: (Stare of Death) Reaaaly.. It’s a pleasure to finally meet you in person.

Akshay or GN had send the below comments on my post ‘Weird Advice from Random dude



He’s not a bad person ppls. Don’t throw stones at him.. He’s a good guy and fun person to hang around with. He apparently, according to his work mates, was so sick that he couldn’t get out of bed. He did all of this to attend the bloggers meet. All this our genius announces it out on National TV. What’s the bet that he still has his job?

There was a ‘30secs of fame ‘ concept where each blogger got 30secs to talk about their blog. After that we went around interacting with each other. I met entrepreneurs, environmentalists, tech bloggers, food blogger(Gasp! There was only one. That’s it! I’m starting a food blog not that I need any reason to write about food) and a lot of IT ppl writing blogs which had the word random in it. Every time one of them would talk, GN would look at me and say ‘Does that sound familiar??’

After that they had some discussion on media and blogs which I wasn’t paying attention cuz
a) I was hungry
b) It was in a regional language which I don’t understand properly
c) I was hungry.

I was caught on camera thrice wailing ‘Where’s the food?’ ‘When do we eat?’. People must be thinking I’m such a glutton. I want to clarify that I did not have breakfast or lunch and was super hungry. PR will vouch for it. (You better PR otherwise it is Stare of Death Part Deux for you)

I finally got to eat some food, made new friends and had an awesome time. Thanks Chennai Indiblogger team for organizing the meet. Thanks for the freebies too (T-shirt, bumper sticker & obviously the food)

Popular posts from this blog

Turning 30

Unemployed

Mcbender and FassAvoy