A Cocktail of Super Heroes and Vampire Hunting President

He He He.. I loved the title.. This is my review of the movies that I have recently seen.

The Amazing Spider-man

I personally didnt find anything amaazing about this movie as such.
When you compare it to the earlier spiderman movies, this one is amazing though.. :)
Andrew Garfield was a far better spiderman, humorous like in the comic books and not at all Tobey-Mcguire-I'll-cry-if-say-boo types..
It was cute to see the chemisty of on and off screen couple - Andrew & Emma.

My rating is 3 out of 5

If I had an option to choose my all-time fav comic book superhero movie, it would be The Avengers.. It's brilliant. PR and I have seen it thrice in the theatres.

Speaking of Avengers, the other day Dad pings saying 'Do not disturb, we are watching Avatar in 3d'. I was like (in-my-mind), Avatar was released 3yrs ago but whatever catches his fancy, told him to enjoy the movie.  He calls me during the interval
Papa:What is going on in the movie, who's the angry green giant and who's the man in the red suit??
Me: I was like 'Papa, first of all they are blue giants of the navi world and you need to get your eyes checked!!
Papa: Who's the guy with the hammer?
Me: Are you watching Avatar or Avengers??
Papa:(pauses!! probably searching for the movie poster!!) Oh! It is Avengers!!??!!

My expression were as follows:



Cocktail





When I saw the trailer of the movie it looked fun and peppy. The review on Times of India also was good. I asked PR whether we can go for the movie and he was like TOI says go for the movie with friends so go with them, why torture me?? In btw, PR hates going for hindi movies. I have to bribe him and do what not for him to accompany me for the movie.

I LOVE the Shoes!!
Coming to the movie, the first half was good and the second half was so so. It's a one time watch movie. I feel they should have taken a younger hero like Imran or Ranbir to be the hero. A friend of mine described it as 2 young girls acting with their Maamu. :)  Saif was over the top in this movie. I loved him in Salaam Namaste but for this one he took it 2 notches up and totally grossed me out especially the 'Shelia Ki Jawani' dance.

I was surprised by Deepika in the movie. She has matured as an actress and was smoking hot in the movie.She was just gorgeous. I couldn't keep my eyes off her. She was that good.

My rating: 3.5 out of 5



Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter





From the title of this movie, you can see that the decision of watching this movie was not mine at all.
I have nothing to say. The movie was as lame as the title. There are some movies which you know is going to be lame just by the name such as Cowboys vs Aliens, Lesbian Vampire Killers and Machine Gun Girl. This movie can be added to the list.

My rating: 1 out of 5

The Dark Knight Rises


I don't know what to say about this movie. It was just bloody brilliant. The movie was a bit intense but thoroughly entertaining. . All Respect to Hans Zimmer for the background score. Anne Hathaway as Catwoman blew me away. She was the best catwoman so far. She was all vampy and catty. 

A good ending to the trilogy.

My rating: 4.5 out of 5


All pics courtesy of Google

Popular posts from this blog

Turning 30

Unemployed

Mcbender and FassAvoy