Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Unemployed

Its been years since I wrote my post. A lot of things have happened since then. Actually not much but I worked my ass off in a company which eventually stopped paying me so I quit my job. Its been close to 9 months that I have not been working.

You would think that since I am not working I would have lots of time to update my blog. No Siree No... I had to spend all my time doing nothing...


Image sourced from Google Images
For the first 4 to 5 months, I actually took a break. I went back to my homeland of Kerala and spend couple of months with my parents. The last time I spend more than a month with my mom in the same house was like 15-16 years ago. And the four months was err.. hmmm.. interesting!! 


Then I started my job search. I went through many stages of unemployment. From being confident like I can get any job I want.. Companies will be fighting for me to Do I even deserve to have a job? Am I even qualified for that position??  Now I'm in the phase of If its meant to be it will be.  I leave it to Karma..

Image sourced from Google Images
Secretly, I actually enjoy being unemployed. I have lots of time to do nothing with no deadlines and no one breathing down my neck. I did a lot of things like reading 100 books in 2016, watching a lot of TV shows and travelling quite a bit..

I'm actually bored of having no agenda and now want to get back in the grind. I have started my job hunt and its been very quiet. One or two calls and nothing much.  I tried explaining that to people and they don't seem to understand. "Ooo!! You have 10 years of exp, you should be easily able to find a job." Only I know the struggle is real. 

I wish it was as simple as this..



Anyhoo I promise to keep you all posted on what I did to keep myself occupied during my unemployment phase.